Hello Fury's charge, I was playing with Valarie earlier and I had the means to gift her something she wanted, so I gave it to her as an early Wintersday gift. This made me think about getting other people Wintersday presents, and then I realized with nearly 80 people in Fury's Charge, this was well above my means. And so I had the epiphany, Fury's Charge could have a Secret Tixx! Everyone gets gifts, everyone is giving and everyone is merry!
Then I was stuck, how was I going to organize a raffle for the Secret Tixx, I needed a hat filled with names on the internet that people could take from. Valerie came up with some ideas, this being the best of them:
"Assign everyone a number, say twenty people decide to partake, number them 1-20, then use an online dice roller to pair everyone up."
I thought this would be awesome to do, please post if you'd like to join in on the Wintersday cheer, and give any ideas to help streamline Fury's Charge's first Secret Tixx.
Have a wonderfully merry day!
*in steps the grinch* I'm not going to shoot it down but i will give input me and pume already reviewed this idea and we decided unless someone els want to manage it then we would skip it. main reason being that the GW2 system is ill fitted for gift giving with most collectable and fun things being account bound. when we discussed the idea we decided that a 25g or 125gem was a ideal price set for the exchange being enough to get something cool but not SO MUCH and found that there was vary little once could actually give. Thats just my 2 cents anyway though if you manage to get it all organized I'm sure it well be a steller holiday activity.
I'm willing to organize the event, just need to see if people actually want to do it, so far it's Bob, Maria,Skapper and myself who are for it. We have 2 weeks to organize, just need to get enough people on board, I'll mail people their designated numbers, do the dice majig, then send out another mail telling everyone and who their gift victims are.
As for gifts, I think if you think less about the gold and more about what people want, need, would be super excited to have or would enjoy your options open up massively. For example there's:
- Dyes, there are so many dyes that you can buy, everyone enjoys having more dyes to work with, you could get unidentified dyes for the excitement of the opening.
- Endless tonics, there are so many tonics to choose from, quaggan tonics, Monkey King tonics, exalted tonics, clothing tonics are cool, even tonic recipes so they can have fun making a creepy princess doll endless tonic.
- Finishers, is your gift victim an avid PvP or WvWer? These are an excellent choice if so! You have a variety of really cool finishers to choose from available on the trading post.
- Gear, I've played for 3k hours and I still don't have all the named exotics, there's also stuff that's used in collections like draconic armour used in the revenant armour collection, there's runes and and infusions, sigils and jewels.
- Materials, say someone is working on ascended armour or weapons, a mystic forge weapon like the anomaly or whisperblade, giving them mats for it would be awesome.
- Toys, unbreakable choir bells are a fun instrument for Wintersday carols and the like, There's kites in the trading post.
- Minis, there are so many! Some adorable ones, some awesome ones, some magical ones, so many to choose from.
-Skins, there's a variety of skins on the trading post such as quaggan backpacks, charr backpacks and the like.
I think it's just a matter of getting people to come on the forums and gauge whether the guild as a whole would want to do this. We can still hold a small secret santa if only a few people are interested.